My ARRMA vehicles

Vortex

Unresolved Vortex Esc/Motor Problem

I'm the proud new owner of a Vortex that I purchased almost 3 weeks ago now. Unfortunately, I've only been are to run it 3 times. The rear wheels would lock up when I let off the gas bringing it to a screeching halt. The performance of the motor dropped drastically prior to this happening. I have forward and reverse but it feels like I'm dragging an anchor.

I called customer SVC and the Tech And I diagnosed the problem, or so we thought. After trying to play with the ESC the Tech believed it was a bad unit. A new one was shipped out and on my table in 3 days. Awesome!

I installed the new ESC, wished it came with double sided tape but beggars can't be choosers. I took it to the parking lot. EXACTLY the same problem. Only now there was a loud ticking sound when moving.

I took it to my LHS who diagnosed the problem as a bad ( he said seized ) motor. I put a cheep 20T I had in and it works fine.

Now the real problem. I've tried emailing Arena twice since Wednesday to see if they could send me a new Mega. I have yet to receive a response. In stock setup I've only driven my new truck 3 times. I love the styling, innovation and handling. I WANT to drive it. Yet I am a little dissatisfied with the lack of response. $200 for a brushed system is an OK price, but if there isn't any service and good tech support I hesitate to buy any more of their products.

If anyone could give me some advice on the appropriate course of action to take from here, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for reading,
    Shawn

My ARRMA vehicles

Granite
    They should reply to your email. Email them again and call would be the next action that I would take. However, I'm in a pretty similar situation waiting on parts... and the motor is one of the backordered parts. I don't think we'll see the arrma motor back in stock for weeks.

My ARRMA vehicles

Raider
    Fury
    Vortex
    Mojave
    Granite
    ADX10
    Hi Shawn,

I'm sorry to hear of your motor trouble, did you manage to get a replacement motor in the end?

Jam.

My ARRMA vehicles

Vortex
    I think I no what your problem was from the beginning. You said it felt like dragging an anchor when either going forward or in reverse, so from that I can say that your gear meshing was way to tight, and by continuing to use it in this manner the motor just burned up. You can buy a replacement motor on amazon or ebay for a good price if you do not want to wait for a replacement to be shipped out to you. Whatever you decide to do make sure the gear meshing is not set to loose or to tight. Good luck.