My ARRMA vehicles

Granite

Steering Servo Upgrade

Just wondering if anyone has upgraded their steering servo in the Granite. Out of the box it feels as if the servo is underpowered for the large tires that are on the Granite. If so, what did you use and how was the improvement?

Thanks.
    GOT DIRT?

My ARRMA vehicles

Granite
    Well, i installed a Traxxas 2075 servo in the Granite and what a difference in steering response and torque. The front tires move with ease when i steer the truck. Its unbelievable how good the steering is now. And, the 2075 servo is waterproof. Unlike the AS1 which is only splash proof. It feels as if its a new truck or ive added new life to it. This servo can be found new for about $20.

Also, the motor that comes with the Granite isnt that great. And i think the Granite is overgeared. So i installed a 15t pinion and installed a Traxxas Titan 12T motor. What a world of difference! The truck runs much better and cooler. The Titan 12T is about $25 and the pinion about $3.

Also, kept running into problems with the steering linkage popping off on the steering arm. Very annoying to say the least. Changed that over from a ball/socket system to a eye/screw setup. Again, what a world of difference! No more issues with the linkage popping off.

For about $50, i have the Granite running the way it should and its much more fun and reliable to drive. Next will be a brushless setup, but it may not be for a while.
    Last edited by felixx4; 07-06-2012 at 03:27 AM.
    GOT DIRT?

My ARRMA vehicles

Granite
    How has this servo been holding up for you? I just stripped my stock one over the Memorial Day Weekend. All I had on hand was the 2075 Traxxas servo but plan on using this for another project. I am looking now to see what other heavy duty waterproof servos I can use for the Granite.

My ARRMA vehicles

Granite
    The 2075 has been great. No problems. You can get one on e-bay for $20. Rebuild kits are about $5.
    GOT DIRT?

My ARRMA vehicles

Granite
    I replaced my steering servo with a tower pro servo after I stripped the gears on the second outing.
    Tried to claim warranty from Arrma but never got a response
    Only problem I encountered was the servo arm is a sloppy fit and sometimes slips a bit.