My ARRMA vehicles

Granite

Granite Motor ESC upgrade

I recently purchased a Granite and I really enjoyed the way it ran. The 7.2V NiMH battery just would not go the distance, so being LiPo compatable, I upgraded to a hard pack 2s 7.4v Lipo and increased my run time by about 3 minutes. After three batteries, the car stopped responding. The ESC would arm and the lights would turn green, as expected, but no power to the motor.

I pulled the motor out and it would turn very easily, without any resistence. After looking around for a replacement, I found this one, recommended through ARRMA on another forum.
    http://www.rcplanet.com/DuraTrax_1_1...20-0090-00.htm.

I am not advocating you use RC Planet, this is just where I found the best deal, and having dealt with them before, I returned.

This upgrade is the best investment I have made. The power on the stock gearing is awesome. It is now teaching me to drive correctly. By squeezing the trigger, the truck will easily lift the front tyres, and if not careful, it will flip over. The esc which comes with the Dura Trax was easy to install and set up and works as it should.

What I thought was just the motor burned out, turned out to be the ESC also. If you do go LiPO with the stock set up, take it easy as the motor and ESC get very hot. I have not looked back with my upgrade and it has made this great truck the best.

My ARRMA vehicles

Raider
    How long have you had the new esc and motor working? I'm looking to upgrade my son's Raider, and I want to make sure I spend the cash on something that is going to last

My ARRMA vehicles

Granite
    Sorry for the wait Hawkbug.
    I have had the new motor and esc installed for about 3 weeks now, running 2s 5000 lipo hard packs. No problems with this set up so far.. touch wood.

My ARRMA vehicles

Raider
    Fury
    Vortex
    Mojave
    Granite
    ADX10
    Good choice tarin, it's a good system the Duratrax Element. We have a couple here at ARRMA HQ and they are good fun, especially in a Granite

Regarding the quality, these systems were developed in association with Castle by Duratrax so they are as good as the Castle stuff. The system we've had has lasted months and had a tough life in a test car. I would happily recommend it.

Cheers, Jam.

My ARRMA vehicles

Raider
    Thanks for the info - I'm considering this upgrade and it looks very promising. In addition to my son's Raider, I'm going to be getting one as well, so we'll have some cars to try the new motors in