My ARRMA vehicles

Raider
    Vortex
    Mojave
    ADX10

ARRMA Raider Battery fitment - Hi Capacity LiPo

My ARRMA vehicles

Fury
    What LiPo is recommended for the Fury and will it make the stock motor any faster? Is there any advantage to running a LiPo battery
    Thanks Dan

My ARRMA vehicles

Raider
    Vortex
    Mojave
    ADX10
    Hi Dan, LiPo cells have a slightly higher voltage and maintain the voltage over the runtime better. There should certainly be a small speed increase when using LiPo batteries over traditional type cells.

My ARRMA vehicles

Fury
    Yeah Bro they do a real big difference just with stock Motor. I upgraded mine to Brusheless and It is a bigger difference

My ARRMA vehicles

Raider
    Fury
    Vortex
    Mojave
    Granite
    ADX10
    LiPos are what you have in your mobile phone battery, they're lighter, usually higher capacity and capable of delivery greater 'punch' - they just need more careful use and charging than trad NiMh batteries.

Regarding a recommendation, this 2S 7.4V would be a good choice: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBAKR&P=0 - it got decent Mah rating which means it will last longer. The only downside is that most Lipos are fitted with high power plugs rather than a standard battery connector, this means you will have to change the plug or buy an adaptor to use it with your ARRMA MEGA ESC. Bear in mind that you will also need a decent LiPo charger and a LiPo charging sack.

Nimhs are good value and a great battery, but a decent LiPo is one of single best general upgrades you can get for your ARRMA car (Followed by brushless! )

Jam.

My ARRMA vehicles

Raider
    Any 3s Lipo battery recommendations - for fitment as I"m running aftermarket brushless system.

What does having a larger C rating mean. For example 25C vs. 40C

TY - drevil

My ARRMA vehicles

Fury
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam View Post
    LiPos are what you have in your mobile phone battery, they're lighter, usually higher capacity and capable of delivery greater 'punch' - they just need more careful use and charging than trad NiMh batteries.

Regarding a recommendation, this 2S 7.4V would be a good choice: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBAKR&P=0 - it got decent Mah rating which means it will last longer. The only downside is that most Lipos are fitted with high power plugs rather than a standard battery connector, this means you will have to change the plug or buy an adaptor to use it with your ARRMA MEGA ESC. Bear in mind that you will also need a decent LiPo charger and a LiPo charging sack.

Nimhs are good value and a great battery, but a decent LiPo is one of single best general upgrades you can get for your ARRMA car (Followed by brushless! )

Jam.

My experience is that you have to watch how "hot"(hight 'C' rating, like over 30c) of a battery you use to drive a standard brushed motor. I've experienced shortening the life of the motors - they die sooner. Someone told me that they don'tlike the high 'c' rating. I'm not sure that makes sense, but what do you think? Do I have to be careful with the ARRMA motors?

Question # second - Are the ARRMA motors backordered? I can't seem to find them rreal easily and the one they were supposed to send me under warranty isn't back yet.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Thomas

My ARRMA vehicles

Raider
    Fury
    Vortex
    Mojave
    Granite
    ADX10
    @ drevil regarding 3S lipo battery recommendations - the ARRMA 2wd cars have two battery box sizes - short @ 147x57x26mm and long @ 185x57x26 mm - the 3S batterys I would recommend to fit these are:

Duratrax Onyx 4000mah 3S SC deans - http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCABX&P=7
    Venom 4000mah 3S SC - http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTET2&P=7

There are some hard case 3S lipos out there that fit these dimensions but I haven't run then myself to confirm they fit 100%.

@slider27s I've not had any bad experiences with higher C rating packs and brushed motors as C is measure of the potential of the battery and the motor/esc will only draw what they require from the LiPo. However it makes sense, at least financially, to only buy what you need C rating wise as the high performance packs are expensive and only make sense if you want to upgrade to some loony brushless system in the future.

Cheers,

Jam.

My ARRMA vehicles
    None

Battery Tray dimension of Arrma Granite BLX

Could you please tell me the dimension of the battery box on the Granite (BLX). Wasn't able to find it on the website. Don't know whether the Granite has the small or the large battery box.